You want to start with lettering, but you’ve got no idea, what to write? On this page you’ll find a lot of inspirations for your hand and brush letterings!
I decided to put lettering quotes with the same amount of words together. That means, that you’ll find letterings concerning different subjects in each group. Because of this it is possible to look for ideas for short and longer letterings.
Tip: At the beginning it will be easier to concentrate on hand letterings with a small amount of words.
At the end of this article you’ll find some quotes based on subjects, too.
You don’t want to look for a special quote? No problem! Use the random quote generator to get a nice hand lettering quote from my list!
Click the button for a nice random lettering quote.
I’m a total fan of one-word letterings. With a few flourishes and some decoration you can create stunning hand letterings, which are also great as a print or in a picture frame.
- Spring / Summer / Autumn / Winter
I also like to create letterings with two or more words. You can start creating layouts and you are able to use different font styles! This adds a great character to your art works and makes the lettering even more exciting.
- Start somewhere
- Be true
- No fear
- Start now
- Dream on
- Enjoy life
- Get up
- Be proud
- Think big
- Hey you
- Easy life
- Have fun
- Hey Hey
- Good Morning
- Hakuna Matata
- Love ya!
- Perfectly imperfect
- Best friends
- Best Mom
- Best Dad
- Challenge accepted
- Thank you
- Stay tuned
- No bounce
- Merry Christmas
- Sweater weather
- Best idea
The more words you use the more layouts you can create. These ideas allow to get creative with several types of writing. This kind of art can be very interesting, because you have more possibilities to use different fonts and arrangements.
- Progress over perfection
- Prove them wrong
- Happiness is homemade
- But first: coffee
- Travel the world
- Ignite your light
- Believe in yourself
- Never say never
- You are beautiful
- I love you
- Can’t forget you
- Live, Love, Laugh
- Enjoy your life
- Never give up
- Trust in yourself
- Thinking about you
- Stronger than yesterday
4 to 6 words
- Collect moments, not things
- Live for the moment
- Snowflakes are winter’s butterflies
- Light up the darkness
- Be your own kind of beautiful
- Your patience is your power
- Good things take time
- I cannot forget you
- Remember why you started
- Life looks better in color
- I can and I will
- Without music? Without me!
- Enjoy the little things
- Turn the radio on
- When nothing goes right, go left
- Every letter makes you better (Timo Ostrich)
- Life is better in Flip-Flops
- Don’t stop until you’re proud
- Do small things with great love
- Let life surprise you
- It’s kind of fun
- Never forget your past
- Enjoy the sunny days
- Do what makes you happy
- Failure is success in progress (Albert Einstein)
- One step at a time
- Happiness is the best Make-Up
- The best is yet to come
- Wherever you are, be all there
- Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn.
- Old ways won’t open new doors
7 to 9 words
- It’s only cold, if you stand still
- Life is a journey not a race
- Together is a wonderful place to be
- Start each day with a grateful heart
- Be happy be true be lovely be you
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas (Song by Meredith Willson)
- Be good to people for no reason
- Fact: Everyone smiles in the same language
- Be a flamingo in a world of pigeons
- Don’t look back. You’re not going that way.
- The more you smile the better you look
- Life doesn’t have tob e perfect to be beautiful.
- Don’t ever let anyone steal your dreams.
- Don’t dream of it, work for it.
- Look at usual things with unusual eyes. (Vico Magistretti)
- Let your dream be bigger than your fear.
- Believe you can and you are half way there
- Tie a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree (Irwin Levine / Russell Brown)
More than 9 Words
- Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light (Albus Dumbledore)
- I could travel the world and the ocean blue but I’ll never be home till I’m with you
- Sometimes, it’s the little things that mean the most
- Look up! Otherwise you are not able to see the stars!
- At the beginning you need courage to be happy at the end.
- Think positive! It’s the only way to live a fulfilled life.
- The secret of life? Learn from yesterday and live for today.
- Distance means so little when someone means so much.
- If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. (Napoleon Hill)
Quotes for Birthdays
A lot of people use hand letterings for their birthday cards and presents. Here are some quotes, that you can use to brighten up someone’s day!
- Happy Birthday
- Happy Bday!
- It’s YOUR day! Happy Birthday!
- Cheers to the birthday girl/boy!
- This is for a very special person
- Enjoy your day!
- Only the best wishes!
- A lot of people were born today, but you are my favorite one!
Quotes for your big love
What would life be without love? Without the ones, that we love so much? With the following quotes you will be able to describe your feelings.
- I miss you
- I love you
- Please don’t leave me
- Forever us.
- Marry me?!
- Life is great, because you are here.
- Kiss me.
- Thinking about you.
- Big hearts deserve big hugs.
- You are the Best.
- All you need is love
- Love you to the moon and back.
- Together forever
- You and me
- You are loved
- Can’t stop loving you. Never.
- Happy Valentine’s day
- Life is better with you by my side.
- Love is the answer
- Just love
- You are my everything.
- Forever yours.
Quotes for weddings
You are looking for hand lettering ideas for your wedding cards? There are some special wishes, that you would like to let your friends to know? No problem! Here are some quotes, that might inspire you.
- May your love never end.
- Happy wedding
- Just married
- Mr & Mrs
- Here comes the bride
- Have a perfect wedding day!
- Always and forever
- And so the adventure begins.
- Spread love
- Two become one.
- Yes. Just Yes.
What’s your favorite quote?
Do you know any more nice quotes for lettering? Tell me in the comments!