Provider and scope
Licenses and scope of use
In connection with the use of the Generator, the results created with it may be used in accordance with the following license terms. SIM offers three categories of usage licenses for the use of the Generator:
- Free use: No registration is required for this and no costs are incurred. Within the scope of free use, the scope of use is limited with regard to fonts and features. The results may only be used for private purposes. The use especially for commercial use, product design etc. is prohibited.
- Generator Plus: The user gets access to all fonts and features. A paid registration is required for this. The results may only be used for private purposes.
- Generator Plus Commercial: In addition to the content of the Plus version, commercial use is permitted. The letterings may be used in/on own products, logos, boards, etc. A paid registration is required.
The currently valid costs for the categories Generator Plus and Generator Plus Commercial can be viewed here.
When upgrading existing accounts to Plus Commercial, only the fonts, graphics and features listed in the license’s current library may be used. Viewable at:
Modifications of the fonts and features are generally not permitted. Resale of the fonts and features as such is prohibited. In particular, it is not permitted to sell the fonts and the results designed from them as individual products, provided that these do not constitute an independent work or provided that the fonts constitute the actual value of the product. A sale is therefore only permitted if the fonts are integrated into independent products.
The user assures to respect the rights of third parties, especially third party copyrights, name rights, trademark rights and personal rights. The use of the Generator for illegal purposes is prohibited. The user indemnifies SIM against all claims of third parties arising from an illegal use of the generator, including the reasonable costs of legal defense.
Due to certain circumstances (e.g. failure of the user’s internet connection) it may happen that a font is not loaded or not loaded completely and is replaced by standard fonts instead. In this respect, the user is responsible for clarifying the necessary usage rights with regard to the standard fonts used; SIM cannot guarantee this.
Font sources and third-party licenses
In addition to self-designed fonts (referred to as “unlicensed” in the description), third-party fonts in particular are used. In this case, the corresponding third-party license terms apply (hereinafter: third-party licenses), in detail:
- Google Fonts with the Apache 2.0 license (https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html)
- Google Fonts with the Open Font License (https://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=OFL)
- FontSpring Fonts, for the scope of the license see https://www.fontspring.com/lic/mzxzhmayhl
- FontSquirrel Fonts with the Open Font License
- Creatype Studio Fonts with the Server License (https://creatypestudio.co/license/)
Within the description of the respective font, reference is made to the corresponding applicable third-party licenses. SIM expressly points out that the third-party licenses may provide that a reference to the third-party license and the applicable license terms must be made when using the fonts, e.g. by means of a link reference.
If a license for use of SIM is in conflict with a third party license, the provisions of the third party license shall prevail with regard to the conflicting clauses.
SIM does not guarantee uninterrupted availability of the Generator. In particular, technical disturbances, e.g. of the internet traffic or the provider server, may cause a temporary unavailability.
SIM shall only be liable for the violation of obligations that are not directly related to essential contractual obligations (i.e. such obligations, the fulfillment of which enables the proper execution of the contract in the first place and on the compliance with which the contractual partner regularly relies and may rely) in case of intent and gross negligence. If SIM is also liable for negligence in case of the violation of essential contractual obligations, the liability for damages shall be limited to the foreseeable, typically occurring damage. SIM shall furthermore be liable for damages resulting from injury to life, body or health. In all other respects liability for simple negligence is excluded.
German law is valid under exclusion of the UNK (CISG) as well as under exclusion of the reference norms of the conflict of laws / private international law.
The invalidity of one or more provisions shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.